- On erwt.org you will find live news updates from major news sources around the world, without images or ads.
- Scroll down for useful links, such as alternative search engines, catalogs and handy tools.
- Bookmark this page to have quick access to the best of the web
BBC TOP STORIES
- France remain on course for a first Grand Slam for 10 years as they celebrated a first victory in Cardiff since 2010 with a 27-23 win.
- UK nationals evacuated from a cruise ship arrive at Arrowe Park, where they will spend the next 14 days.
- Watch Romain Ntamack pounces for an interception as Wales were building pressure to score France's third try in their Six Nations match in Cardiff.
- Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe says his Cherries side were "very harshly treated" after losing to Burnley in a game that had a pivotal video assistant referee decision at its centre.
- Cristiano Ronaldo marks his 1,000th senior appearance by scoring in Juventus' Serie A game with SPAL on Saturday.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL MARKET NEWS
- Berkshire Hathaway’s earnings surged last year due to unrealized investment gains. Chairman Warren Buffett sought to reassure investors about the conglomerate’s long-term future following an underwhelming year for the stock performance.
- Having struggled to convince investors of its growth prospects, it was high time for Dropbox to try something new.
- Wells Fargo will pay $3 billion to settle investigations by the Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission over its long-running fake-account problems.
- Here are seven major companies whose stocks moved on the week’s news.
- Investors dumped stocks and flocked to traditionally safer assets like gold and government bonds this week as worries grew that the coronavirus epidemic would crimp global growth.
- Ukraine’s security service said the fake email that was supposedly from the Ministry of Health had actually been sent from outside the country.View Entire Post ›
- Thousands of refugees travel to Indonesia, hoping to make it to Australia. The vast majority of them never will.View Entire Post ›
- Experts are making wildly different predictions about the future of the coronavirus. "We are at the blind-men-feeling-the-elephant stage of this outbreak.”View Entire Post ›
- “Proactive and reactively we will delete evil my brother.”View Entire Post ›
- A man in his seventies is currently being treated at a major trauma centre.View Entire Post ›
- Lionel Messi heeft FC Barcelona zaterdag met vier doelpunten aan een 5-0-zege op laagvlieger Eibar geholpen. In Italië hielp Cristiano Ronaldo met een doelpunt in zijn duizendste duel Juventus aan een 1-2-zege op SPAL.
- Paul Luzineau (23) uit het Zuid-Hollandse Dalem is op de Filipijnen uitgeroepen tot knapste man ter wereld. Het is voor het eerst dat een Nederlander wint bij Manhunt International. Die internationale schoonheidswedstrijd voor mannen wordt sinds 1993 georganiseerd.
- Ajax heeft zich voor volgend seizoen definitief versterkt met Antony. De negentienjarige Braziliaanse aanvaller komt na de zomer voor 15,75 miljoen euro over van São Paulo uit zijn geboorteland.
- Minister Ferd Grapperhaus (Justitie en Veiligheid) heeft zaterdag het zwijgen van de regering over het bombardement op Nijmegen in 1944 "beschamend" genoemd. Hij zei dit in een toespraak tijdens de herdenking van het bombardement.
- The U.S. Army appears to have accidentally revealed the first image of the newest Strategic Long Range Cannon in a set of presentation material revealed during US-UK Modernization Demonstration Event. The Linkedin post was shared by the U.S. Army CCDC Army Research Laboratory, said that the U.S. Army hosted a US-UK Modernization Demonstration Event Feb. […]
- The U.S. Army already uses thousands of virtual training devices, included new virtual reality simulators for training on the M3E1 Multi-Role Anti-Armor Anti-Personnel Weapon System. The Army isn’t new to virtual reality — it’s been using the technology since 2012. The goal is to make combat simulations as close to the real thing as possible. The U.S. Department of Defense […]
- The world’s largest aerospace company Boeing has announced that it will be unveiled the concept of its newest armed reconnaissance helicopter in March. U.S. aerospace giant will reveal the newest Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft, or FARA. The U.S. Army needs a helicopter that can go farther, identify targets faster, and deliver battlefield intelligence more rapidly […]
- The U.S. Department of Defense said Thursday that Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, received a $470,8 million for a contract to build six production VH-92A Presidential Helicopters. These helicopters are part of the 23 aircraft program of record for the U.S. Marine Corps. Under the terms of the contract, known as Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) […]
- The U.S. Air Force, Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies (NYSE: UTX), and Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® (NYSE: LMT) recently completed flight testing and deployment of the latest variant of the Collins Aerospace Senior Year Electro-Optical Reconnaissance System (SYERS) sensor, SYERS-2C, on the U-2. With this milestone, the entire U-2 fleet has been upgraded […]
TIMES OF INDIA
- Nevada Democrats will host hundreds of caucuses on Saturday, the third contest in the state-by-state presidential nominating process, almost three weeks after the Iowa caucuses caused mayhem when a technical meltdown delayed results. The Democratic race has narrowed to eight candidates vying for their party's nomination to challenge Republican Prez Trump.
- Cases of the virus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan, have been reported around the world.
- Infection toll in China reaches 2,345 as South Korea reports a surge in cases and Iran confirms fifth death from virus.
- Turkish leader says summit to be held on March 5 as Ankara hits Syrian gov't targets after Turkish soldier is killed.
- The coronavirus has now spread to eight countries in Europe, including Germany, France and the UK.
- Doctors worry they will not be able to cope with the growing number of patients if medical facilities are bombed.
- CIA World Factbook, USA perspective on all countries of the world
- Peer-reviewed version of Wikipedia, by and for scholars
- Predecessor of Wikipedia, still operational.
- Makes tree maps, pie charts of search results. Easy access to academic literature.
- Google search without trackers or cookies. ‘Objective’ Google results
- Search by image
- Search engine to go beyond Google, remove e-commerce, chatbots or top results.
- Direct result search engine for quantifiable knowledge. Good for statistics and mathematics.